I mentioned foodie pen pals in my last post and today is reveal day! A little bit about foodie pen pals: the project was started by Lindsay at www.theleangreenbean.com in the US and more recently Carole-Ann at thisisrocksalt.com has started a UK and Europe version. I found out about foodiepenpals through Fee at feehatesrain.wordpress.com and my inner foodie couldn't resist!
Each month you get matched with someone to send a food parcel to and in turn someone else sends you a parcel of goodies. This month Libby at everydayisyummy.wordpress.com was my foodie pen pal. I was looking forward to the arrival of my parcel but it was even better than I could have imagined - i think Libby knows me better than I do! Here is the contents of my box:
Libby sent me:
- some mini union jack cupcake cases which I'm going to use to make jubilee cupcakes for the pageant on Sunday
- Some special jubilee tea which I haven't tried yet but I'm off all next week so I think I'll enjoy them over a leisurely breakfast :)
- some mini packs of Teapigs tea - one choclate and one caramel. I tried these straight away - a brilliant way to keep me away from the biscuit tin in the evening!
- this fantastic little gadget for removing the centre of cupcakes for filling with jam, ganache, peanut butter, nutella, salted caramel - the possibilities are endless....! I haven't used it yet but I'll be sure to blog the results when I do!
- Finally, I saved the very best to last. This is the proof that Libby had definitely had a good look at my blog. Last month I made a chocolate bacon cake (more accurately, in the end I made five!) and converted many a sceptic. Libby absolutely made my day/week/month by sending me..... Bacon Jam! I don't know where she found it but it is wonderful!
I can't express how happy my foodie pen pals parcel had made me - Libby had obviously really thought into what she sent which made it really special.
I definitely recommend foodie pen pals for anyone who is a foodie at heart. Take a look here for more info and to sign up.