Thursday 13 September 2012

And so the adventure begins.....

Apologies for the lack of blog posts recently. It's been a big week and I am happy but emotionally and physically exhausted and overwhelmed! A week and a half ago I saw a tweet advertising a job as a baker at an independant cupcakery. Today will be my last day at my current job and on Monday I start work baking cakes.

Monday night saw a lot of buttercream and a whirlwind o icing sugar then Tuesday was a mad dash from work home to pick up my cupcakes. 1 wrong station, 1 wrong platform, a delayed train and useless cabbie later, I arrived at Dixie's Cupcakery rather flustered and clutching 12 cucpakes which - amazingly - were still in tact. I think they liked them.

Everything has happened so quickly that it is difficult to take in. I am so lucky that my current employer has been so accomodating considering I gave them 2 days (instead of 4 weeks) notice. There has been a lot of stress and worrying (meaning crying!) but in the end it's worked out so well that I feel like I need to pinch myself!

I am finding it all quite scary and surreal and i keep worrying that I won't be good enough. But I remind myself that this is what I want to do and I am so luckily to be able to do something I love for a living.

I have so many people to thank. Everyone I have told or spokend to about this
has been so supportive and that means so much. I don't want to sound too soppy but if it weren't for the encouragement of my friends and family and amazing support from my boyfriend, there is no way I would have had the guts to do this.

I don't want to ramble on - I just feel that this is a bit of a turning point for me and wanted to share it with those who are kind enough to read my blog. For now I need to get thinking of new ideas for the menu - watch this spaace!

I will leave you with a little photo of the cupakes I had to make for the interview:


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations and best of luck in your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop! Great job Millers! Well Done. Here's to following your dreams :D Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gorgeous, when do you arrive in the UK/when will we be seeing you/hosting?

    ReplyDelete